Monday, August 29, 2011

New Car, Barnstormers, Friends, and Hurricane Irene

After what was the longest and most tiring work week of the entire year thus far the weekend was finally here. I (luckily) got off work a little after 2pm which was a relief. I was super tired and all the manual labor from the past couple days was taking a toll. I got to relax a little bit before we headed to York to close on the car.

The only picture I took all weekend.
We bought a Honda Pilot. I will post a picture soon. So far, we love it. We don't anticipate that changing anytime soon. It's basically perfect for what we needed (and wanted). Plus, Alex did a killer negotiating job and we got a great deal. (Thanks Apple Honda) Closing on said car took 2 hours. When we got back home, we immediately headed to the Barnstormers game with Matt because I had won tickets the week before. Unfortunately Britt was working and couldn't join us. We left during the 7th inning or so due to sheer boredom and headed to the Cat's Meow where she worked though to visit. Had a good time overall. Ate some yummy soft serve at the baseball game.. mmm.


Saturday, Alex went to work at the farm and I headed up to my parents house to show them the car and hang out for a little while. (I should've been sanding the crib) And when I got home, I took Alex over to the Nowaks for a Fantasy draft, where I returned later that evening to hang out/help Court put away the cutest nursery stuff! What a learning experience. Babies get a lot of clothes at showers, (duh) but really.. a lot of clothes! After all that, we got to check out Laurel's Bachelorette photo shoot images which turned out really great. I'll be sure to post a couple of my favorite on here once I get them from her!

Sunday we slept in nice and long.. Hurricane Irene had given us a slight pounding from 3pm on Saturday and was basically over when we awoke. The hardest rain/wind I thought was from about 11pm to 6am. I think Alex read his parents rain gauge at 4 inches. Anyway, back to Sunday. We had to get ready to head over to the farm for lunch, so we got moving. We got to check out a lot of Nick and Laurel's honeymoon pictures from Hawaii which were beautiful. It looked like they had a great time. I was jealous and wanted to be back there again (perhaps with the body I had in 2009).

We left around 3:30 to get ready to head to Hershey to meet up with Erin and David for dinner. We ate at Houlihan's. It was yummy. Unfortunately, Nicole and Jimmy couldn't make it but hopefully we'll see them soon. It was nice to chat with Erin and David about the upcoming babies (for both of us) and get some perspective on daycare stuff. Erin has a wealth of knowledge since she works at a pre-school. We had a great time, I love the laid back feel of hanging out with them.

When we returned home, we just relaxed before another work week starts. Today we find out the gender of the baby!!!!! We've been waiting 19 weeks for this!

No comments: