Friday, August 12, 2011

An ironic fortune

I got this fortune out of a cookie back in May when I probably shouldn't have been eating sushi. Little did I know, I was pregnant. At the time, I took this fortune as more of a doomsday the world is going to end so enjoy yourself while you can type of fortune. And I didn't even think twice about it when I did find out I was pregnant (though I do still have the fortune).

Now that a baby is coming in January, Alex and I are fully aware that things are going to change drastically. We aren't put off by it in the least. We're actually welcoming of it. We know it's not going to be easy and we're going to lose a lot of sleep and it's going to test our relationship but what could be better then bringing a baby into the world and then raising it to be a good human being.

I'm not much of a worrier and I'm pretty stress free. I haven't given much thought to the 'what if's' that I read other first time moms or current moms wondering aloud about on the babycenter forums. I don't know if it's because i'm a little uneducated in what could go wrong but I just feel like, i'm doing my best to stay healthy and whatever happens, happens. It could also be because this pregnancy is going by so uneventfully that there isn't much to worry about in the first place.

I guess the fortune is half true, I should enjoy myself while I can.. but I'll also be enjoying myself after we bring the baby into the world, maybe even more than I ever have.

No comments: