Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquaaake! and other news

Yesterday I felt the 2nd earthquake I ever have in my life, right here in PA. (the first earthquake was 2 years ago, late at night, it felt like a train was going down our street, NBD- no big deal).

I was sitting at my desk after joking with a coworker about something when my cubical started to shake. I asked Kyle if he was shaking my cube, he laughed and said no. But our cubes were shaking. It lasted about 5 full seconds. I could feel the ground beneath my feet moving. It all made me a little dizzy.

We didn't know at the time but we assumed it was an earthquake. The epicenter of the one two years ago wasn't even a mile away and so we used our brains to make an assumption. Little did we know, the earthquake was a 5.8 in Virginia. Thank you facebook (and cousins) that broadcasted that and the US geological survey website confirmed it.

It was very eventful. I'm sad it did not make us lose power though (what a selfish thought) for then we would've been released from work (maybe).

In car shopping news..
We've completely changed gears (haha, get it?) and are now about 99% sure that we're going with the Honda Pilot. Yep, you read that correctly.. this was a car that wasn't even on our original list!! Monday during work, Alex mentioned it. I said, I didn't like it due to the serious boxiness and the fact that it looks like an elongated Ford Escape. BUT.. it does have a flip up 3rd row seat if we needed it, it comes with 4WD at a decent price, it comes with a tow package, the cargo space is frickin' huge when that 3rd row seat is hidden, and it rides like a dream boat (basically). We still have some time but if we get a price we are comfortable with, we might ride up to Harrisburg tonight to test drive it and maybe even ride home in it (i don't know if that's possible, it depends on the dealer, as some don't have the LX in stock).

Does everyone hate it that I constantly switch from using a capital I to a lowercase i within the same paragraph?? I (i) do but I don't feel like fixing it.

Anyway, in other news, we had our friends Matt and Britt over for dinner last night. We made turkey breast, baked garden potatoes and grilled garden zucchini and eggplant. Britt made delicious chocolate/pb special k squares which were awesome and we got to keep the leftovers (woohoo). We had a really great night, the time just flew by! Britt is a few weeks ahead of me (pregnancy wise), so we always catch up on what's going on with that. It's really really nice to talk to someone who's 3 weeks ahead (or even behind) because it's nice to hear another person's point of view (that I'm not reading about on the forums).

I slept like a baby last night with the window open, my favorite weather to sleep in (chilly). It was a dream, literally.

No comments: