Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Zavier at Seven Months!

Weight: 21 lbs

Zavier has started crawling backwards at the beginning of this month. He is fully crawling now at the end. He also started some separation anxiety.

4/9/14 - Zavier's first hair cut! We trimmed his bangs while he was in the highchair. It wasn't easy and he looked so much older directly afterward.

His sleeping is still pretty terrible. I'm not really sure what to do about it at this point. He goes to sleep just fine, he just likes to wake up a lot and play me like a dang fiddle. I know he doesn't need to eat at night but I feed him bc it comforts him. He's been sick on and off and when he's not sick he seems to be teething. He naps for about 30 mins three times a day. Sometimes he surprises me and sleeps for an hour or longer. This is rare.

Despite the sleep issues, he's such a fun little guy! It's easy to make him smile and laugh and he has a tickle spot on his ribs. He crawls around so confidently now and when he wants something, he goes and gets it. He wants to pull up on everything which requires lots of supervision. It's all exciting, just moving really fast! He likes to drink water from Scarlett's cups, which means he does a good job sucking from a straw.

Scarlett has started to interact with him a lot more with kisses and playing. She will help me with him at times by repeating things I say like "keep your eyes open, Zavier" and she gives him kisses. She doesn't enjoy his mobility as much tho bc now he tries to take toys she's playing with. I do think it's helping her learn to share though and also teaches her she can't just take a toy from someone.

It's hard to believe he just turned 8 months. It's hard not to think about Scarlett when she was 8 months. I do my best not to compare them but it's nice to reminisce about her milestones. Pretty soon he will be walking and then talking and time will continue to fly so I will continue to live in and enjoy the moment!

No comments: