Monday, November 7, 2011

What's a weekend without..

..seemed like a good title. But i don't have the answer. Fun? Family? Shopping? Sleep?

Friday night we went and got me an iPhone. We didn't get the 4s because I couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't need Siri to do my dirty work, I can do it. And I don't need 8 MP when 5 is good enough. So a 4 is what I got. I'm loving it. It makes me want to text people because it's so much better than a blackberry in that regard. After we got the phone we hit the blockbuster box by the grocery store and picked up Limitless. I really enjoyed it. I think Alex found it entertaining as well. It's a good way to kill a couple of hours, that's for sure.

Saturday, Alex was up bright and early to help his dad put on a roof. I, on the other hand, slept in til about 10. It was glorious. I watched Grey's Anatomy on the DVR and thought about going to JoAnn Fabric to exchange the felt glue for more fabritac. This didn't happen. Alex arrived home earlier than I thought he would and we needed to go to the grocery store before heading to my parents. We hung out at my parents for a while, visiting for my mom's birthday. We had a delicious dinner at Carrabba's. That place is sooo good. I don't know how I fit all that food in my stomach. Dessert might have been the best part of the meal!


Sunday, we slept in. We're trying to soak it up while we can ;). Alex installed all the new fun stuff he got for his kegerator and then eventually went to the farm to see the roof and then to Dan's to watch football. I watched Private Practice and then vacuumed and then cleaned the vacuum. Fun! Then I finally hit up JoAnn Fabric and then the grocery store for a snack. My mom and Julia came down to do some shopping and I did some damage at AC Moore and Home Goods. Christmas decor in the Brubaker house is going to be awesome this year, I can just feel it! When I got home I watched Something Borrowed, which was a cute movie and then Alex came home. I took him to Home Goods to show him a rug that I liked earlier and we ended up getting it. I don't know how much I currently like it in the living room (i imagined it being bigger and maybe more square?) but we have a while until the return by date, so this is our little test drive. The cats have been driving me crazy with it already. They were smelling it and I am terrified they will 'knead' on it pulling up the fibers so much that we couldn't return it even if we wanted to. We ordered Bun salads from SaiGon cafe which were delicious (and filling) and then I wrote a couple of blog posts before hitting the hay.

Such a fun weekend but it went way too fast. Slow down weekends but speed up weekdays, amiright?

No comments: