Thursday, November 17, 2011

Weekend Fun

This past weekend was SUPER busy. In a good way though because most of it was spent with people we love! And look, I took a lot of pictures!

Friday night we attended Eric's Surprise Birthday Party. And i'm pretty sure he was totally surprised. The food table was immaculate and I ate wayy too much but that's what happens when there's really good pizza, guacamole and buffalo chicken dip (and more). PLUS the cake was to-die-for. Strawberry swirl.. I could eat another piece right now!

iPhone Quality. Blowing out Candles. Jamming with Spotify. Baby Evander and Cake!!

Saturday, I took Alex to the farm and then went to the Outlets to visit Carters and then to Babies R Us to get gifts for a baby shower I went to on Sunday. Carters is pretty overwhelming with the amount of stuff they have. I didn't even know where to start! But i did get a cute outfit for baby Hix! I also have to say, shopping off of a registry is hard. I didn't realize it was so involved but I spent 45 minutes in aisle 6 of babies r us trying to find the things I wanted to get. It was worth it though! After I picked up Alex we went to Amelia's and got some discounted items. Then we went home and got ready for Nick & Laurel's Wine & Cheese party.. which was a BLAST! Here are the pictures from that. Look out, there's a lot!

A quick photography tutorial? I need me one of those!

The cutest wine glass charms ever made especially by Laurel! She could sell these I swear!

These were the most delicious truffles in the history of truffles (that night).

Photo compliments of J.Huntington.. she's a pro

Enjoying the food.. how could you not?

Sorry for the blur.. they're so cute though, right?

I sat in that chair right there. :)

The other side of the room, where all of the music selection took place.

A sampling of the fare.

The setup before we commenced with the tasting!

My glass and my favorite wine of the night, a Riesling!
Priceless face filled with Birthday Joy!

One of the food tables. The cheese on the left was my favorite! So buttery!

We had such a good great time, and Nick & Laurel did such a great job at keeping everything organized. They designed the sheets and the labels to go around the wine bottles. They're so creative! Plus the food was ah-mazingly delicious! Add in yummy wine (sips for me) and super awesome company.. I can't think of a better time!


Sunday morning I went to see my Dad sing in church. He did an awesome job singing "Long Black Train" by Josh Turner and don't worry, there were more people in the audience then the 3 that you can see in the picture. After church, I stopped at my grandparents to show them some baby pictures and then I stopped at Target. When I got home I had to wrap up some baby gifts and then it was off to Britt's shower!

Steph was nice enough to take a snap of us!
 The shower was lovely and it was nice to catch up with Stephanie and meet Alicia (another pregnant girl, 5 weeks ahead of me) And they had a delicious spread (what isn't yummy to me these days?) plus amazing cake and then a candy bar with all pink candies! Britt got a ton of stuff! It was all so cute! Baby Hix is set! Plus it was super helpful in doing my registry later that night, which I talked about in my 30 week baby bump post. So after the shower, I relaxed a little bit and then hit Target (again) to redo my registry. We spent the rest of the night relaxing after a yummy dinner of falafel and tabouli!

I'm repeating myself when I say this but I LOVE busy weekends.


No comments: