Monday, November 28, 2011

2 months to go!

2 months sounds long doesn't it? Today I am 32 weeks out of 40 weeks. That's 8 weeks left. If each month were 4 weeks, that would be 2 months. Ish.

This week, baby girl feels like a jicama if you were to hold one. What is a jicama you ask? Look it up because I don't know how to describe it other than saying it looks like a potato but more round. Here's a picture. And in case you were wondering how to say jicama, it sounds like hick-a-ma.

She is about 16 inches long. That's longer than a ruler, people!

How she squeezes into my tummy I will never fully understand. Babies are flexible I guess.

Anyway, she's doing great. She gets hungry a lot so I have to feed her a lot and by her, I mean me. I think she was in a food coma a couple times this past weekend.. all hopped up on Tryptophan. But she's kicking around in there like a champ. She gets the hiccups a decent amount too and sometimes it's pretty fast.. so fast that I think "these can't be hiccups" (sidebar, when you type something you're thinking is it necessary to use ""?) but they probably are hiccups.

We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow where I plan to ask the following question: Why don't they do a final ultrasound when you're at your 'last' appointment before labor (if they think it could be your last appointment) to check the position of the baby? Couldn't this save lives? Or at least decrease the risk of emergency c-sections because they'll know things they can't tell without an ultrasound? Does it really cost that much to do an extra ultrasound? Anyway, i'm pretty curious about this obviously so I'm on the case and I'll report back.

The other questions I plan to ask are a tad too personal to include in this here blog. My apologies for even mentioning it! If you really want to know you can ask me and I will tell you.

I'm just happy to be asking questions since usually when I go I don't have anything prepared to ask.

A couple things we need to nail down though is our pediatrician and our childcare provider for the part time I will be at work (hopefully, fingers crossed). I really appreciate everyone who wrote on the FB post that I put up asking who to go to and I will be looking into all of them.

Tonight is our last childbirth class where we'll be learning about infant care. Maybe they'll even teach those of us who don't know how to change a diaper. Should be fun! It will be nice to have Monday night's back though. This week is super duper busy with the family coming in on Friday. I have tons to clean. TONS! Want me to document it with pictures? Okay, if you insist.

Happy 32 weeks to me and baby bru!

2 comments:

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Your almost there! Soon your little angel will be in your arms :) I am 12 weeks today..haha I have a LONG way to go!

Enter to win $150 worth of jewelry from JewelMint!

Sarah said...

You're in the home stretch!! :) As far as positioning, they can tell my the location of the heartbeat and by feeling your belly, what position the baby is in (breech or head down). Colson was still breech at 32 weeks but he flipped by my next appt. Let me know if you have any questions about my experiences. I'm not afraid of sharing...even the details. I remember with Emma I wanted to hear from everyone about their birth experience....did their water break? Did they get an epidural? How long was it? I was so curious! :)