Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Friday after work, Alex was attending a beer tasting at a friends in Manchester, so I headed up to my Grama's for a visit and then over to my parents for a visit. Quite an eventful Friday night!

Saturday morning we slept in as long as possible before Domino just wouldn't shut his meowing mouth up anymore. Alex went to work on the farm and I went to Kauffman's for apples and cider (and some other groceries) and then to JoAnn Fabric for some paint and some glue that would actually work. Later I completed one of the roman shades that you saw yesterday. Alex and I got subs (yum) for dinner and while he watched The Wire, I put together the mobile that you also saw from yesterday's post.

Sunday, Alex started early prepping his garlic cloves for planting. I cleaned the house, cut some apples (trick: after cutting, put the apples in some ginger ale to soak for a couple minutes, this helps to keep them from browning and it totally works!) and made sure all the craft stuff I had was ready for friends coming over. Courtney, Jen, Laurel and Jen came around 1pm and we ordered some yummy dominos and got down to business. We painted pumpkins (big and small) and created candles with leaves attached. It was super fun and we're planning to have 'club meetings' every month or so where we can get our craft on!

I stole these pictures from Jen! (thanks Jen!)






After everyone left and I cleaned some things up, I just relaxed on the couch for a while. I was pretty tired for some reason and there was nothing on TV. Alex came home from watching football at Dan's and while he watched The Wire some more, I took some pictures and wrote a couple blog posts and then headed to bed. I slept pretty terribly due to allergies and uncomfortabness (yep, i just made that word up). I was awake from 5:00am to 6:20 where I fell asleep for about 30 minutes before my alarm went off, lovely!

Thus starts another week, week 27 of pregnancy! Keep flying time, I do not mind one bit!

No comments: