Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My First Baby Dream

Though I dream multiple times a night, this was the first time I dreamt about my own baby. I don't remember what she looked like (though I'm sure she was gorgeous). I just remember some details of the dream.

Basically, it was a mini-nightmare but not in the way that most nightmares are.

I dreamt that people (who these people were, I don't know) were feeding my baby the wrong things. Things like water, chips, etc. Anything other than milk or boob juice. I don't know where I was or where Alex was when these things were being fed to her but I just remember coming into the situation like, "what did you feed my baby??" "Whyyy?!" and being super upset. Even though I reminded myself throughout the dream that this would never actually happen in real life because there's no way I'll be without my baby but the dream persisted and I walked into multiple situations where my baby had just been fed something I didn't approve of. I mean, in the dream the baby was only a couple weeks old!

I know why I dreamt about this. It's because I read a board on babycenter about horror stories and people insisting that babies need water when in fact they do not and people actually giving other peoples babies water (or other foods/drinks) without their consent.

I know this won't happen to me but I guess that's why I'm calling it a mini-nightmare. I'm sure people have way worse baby-related dreams so I feel lucky that this is all it was.

Story over. Back to work everyone ;)

PS. I'm still sick and it's still super annoying! I'm trying to send lots of positive vibes to my sore lymph node so that it can keep fighting whatever infection is in there. Go Lymph Node, GO!

No comments: