Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Hour + Typical Saturday + Pumpkins

Friday, I left an hour early from work. Alex and I grabbed Jen and we headed to Bulls Head in Lititz for 'happy hour'. This is deceiving because they don't actually have any specials and we stayed way longer than an hour. Alex invited a bunch of people but I guess they had other friday plans so it was just us 3 for a while before we were joined by Scott and Michele and later we saw Bob and Karen. It was nice to see everyone and catch up a little bit, not to mention eat the best 'nachos' ever and split a bison burger with Alex. After Bulls Head we hung out at the McHenry's for a little bit before heading home.

Saturday, Alex went to work on the farm and I cleaned up around the house. When we got back we went to Bombergers and then Stauffers for groceries. Alex picked out some decorative pumpkins as well as some carving pumpkins for Sunday. Later in the day, I headed over to Courtney's for a little bit to hang out with her, Evander and Jen. Evander just gets cuter and cuter. I headed home for the special dinner we were planning to have, which turned out not as expected because the awesome salmon we purchased from Mr. Bill's had spoiled :(. So I whipped up some risotto and it turned everything around. After dinner, Dan and Steph came over so Dan could help Alex get the rototiller working. Steph and I chatted and watched the first 3/4ths of Bridesmaids.

Sunday, I got up nice and early to start the crock pot chicken chili and clean the house even more before our guests came over. I really don't enjoy cleaning that frequently but it had to be done. My sister, Jess came down because she needed to hit up the Apple Store, so I went with her and ended up getting two really awesome nail polish colors at Sephora. One sparkly gold and one sparkly red. I'm currently wearing the gold and i'm in love, I stare at my nails constantly. They couldn't fix her phone without an appointment so she headed home. The Hix's and Herr's arrived and we did the following: Girls- eating, chatting, pumpkin carving (i should've taken pictures, darnit!), watching the last 1/4th of bridesmaids, reigning in the men. Boys- eating, football watching, taking shots of jameson, engaging in some target shooting, being reigned in by their women. We had a great time! After they left, Alex and I got subs from Caruso's and relaxed for a while before saying goodnight to the weekend.

I regrettably did not get any nursery projects accomplished as I planned to. I am going to do the Roman Shades tonight though for sure and if that goes as fast as I think it will, I'm going to finish putting the mobile together. Because this weekend I need to get reacquainted with the sewing machine so I can start some other projects. Oh crazy baby nursery stuff!

Enjoy the week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you guys. Can't wait to see the baby. Scott and Michele