Monday, September 19, 2011

Lobster, A Wedding & Baby Clothes

I lied in my other post that we were having Lobster on Thursday. We actually had it on Friday night. Alex went to Mr. Bill's Seafood market and bought two 2lb live lobsters and brought them home. We steamed them in the dutch oven, which was kind of sad, but surprisingly easy. They were accompanied by mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts. They were very yummy to eat! We spent the rest of the evening watching The Wire.


Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to attend breakfast at our neighbors before the East Petersburg parade (which starts on our street). After we ate, we watched the parade (it seemed shorter this year) and then went inside. I decided to go to the mall for a dress for the wedding we were going to attend later on and I didn't have anything to wear. First I went to the BonTon because they were offering coupons for donations. Their maternity section is tinier then tiny. After I tried on a regular dress, and found Alex's name tag from the morning stuck to my bum (thanks babe), I gave up on the BonTon. I walked a little ways up into the mall to the Limited and tried on a couple of the dresses that were on sale. I ended up getting one for $10 and a flowy top for $12, score! And some earrings for $10! I was so happy with the deals and that they were normal clothes that will allow for stretching!

When I got home, we got ready for the wedding and headed into Lititz for the ceremony. It was beautiful! I love weddings! Gretchen looked like wedding barbie. Her dress was amazing! We had a great time at the cocktail hour and then the reception. We sat with Derek and Courtney, so of course I was quizzing Court with tons of pregnancy questions since she's going to have her baby boy on Friday!! Woo!! Our drink of choice was Shirley Temples (yum)! We ate dinner, we danced to the music and had a great time! The DJs were great, which was to be expected since Eric is a DJ himself. The speeches by Jen and Mike were awesome! They did such a great job. Probably two of the best speeches i've ever heard! We had a really great time catching up with everyone. When we got home we hung out on the couch for like 15 minutes so Alex could have a snack and then we went to bed. It was a long day!

Sunday morning, I slept in until about 9:30am. It was lovely. The temp has been perfect for sleeping lately, even though we've had crickets in our basement that have been chirping nonstop and I knocked our fan a couple nights ago so it also clicks (i'm going to have to look at it today bc I can't stand another night with the clicking, also, Alex slayed the crickets this morning for me, what a gentleman, so no more chirping!) Anyway, I slept in. When I got up, I cleaned up the kitchen and headed to Home Depot to get Alex more spray paint for the crib. I got the wrong kind, turned around and got the wrong kind again! Ugh! So he is going today to get the right kind (hopefully) so we can get this part finished and put together in the room. This coming Saturday we're going to look at fabric with Charmayne and hopefully will be successful. We discussed again just going with one color instead of multi-color so I'm going to create some inspiration boards and such at lunch to work further on that theme so we can at least know something that we want by Saturday. I spent the whole day up at my parents house, going through Mak's baby clothes. I got two bins full. One full bin of just 0-3 and then another bin filled with half 3-6 and 6-9 and a little bit of 9-12. She thinks there's another bin, which there probably is, filled with 9-12 and beyond. That was a treat. Then I chatted with my parents for a couple of hours, which was really nice and we ended up going to dinner all together before I headed home.

It was a nice busy weekend. I love those kind!

No comments: