Monday, September 26, 2011

Fabric Shopping + Victory Brewing + Brunch + Birthday Celebration

Very busy weekend. Definitely the kind I like except for the fact that the time flies by wayy too fast. (Sorry, no pictures!)

Friday night, Alex and I went to SKH to look for a birthday gift for Nick. We weren't successful but did get some grocery shopping in. We made a delicious mushroom risotto for dinner and spent the evening watching TV from the week. Mostly the new pilots as well as the new NCIS. Very relaxing evening.

Saturday morning we were up bright and early. We went to JoAnn Fabric with Alex's mom, Charmayne for quilt fabric. Alex did such an awesome job picking. I was still being indecisive and he put together some really nice ones that I really like. After JoAnn we headed to Intercourse to have lunch and hit up another fabric store. We found the last two pieces that we needed and choose a back color. I think it's going to turn out ah-mazing. I saw some other fabric there that I might have to go back and get to make crib sheets and to sew over the bumper that I bought for $8 at the consignment sale. After shopping we headed down to Downingtown to meet up with Alex's Aunt and Uncle (Debbie and Lynn). We had such a great time (as we always do) catching up with them and listening to their stories. Lynn shot a hippo! I mean, can any other story really top that? Who can say they've shot a hippo?! No one else I know. After spending a good deal of time at Victory Brewing Co, we headed over to a place nearby called McKenzies. They had a great beer selection as well, though obviously I didn't partake in more than a tiny sip or two. Such a great evening!

Sunday morning we met up with the Herr's at the Eden to have the best brunch available in Lancaster County. I won't even go into detail about the amount of food I consumed but I will say, it was delicious and filled me for basically the rest of the day (well, until dinner). After brunch, we headed to see Courtney and Derek and baby boy, Evander. Courtney is so amazing and she was just glowing when she talked about her baby and her experience. We are so happy for them and they're already proving that they're amazing parents to that lucky little boy. Evander is such a sweetie, he was sleeping when we were there but he looked so peaceful! That little one could be our baby girl's future boyfriend, we're prepping them early ;). After visiting, I took Alex to the farm so he could watch the Eagles game with his family. I had some errands to run and ended up stopping at the Jcrew outlet (score!) which I should really try to go to more often. They didn't have anything cute for kids but I did get a couple things for myself that will last through this maternity period. I went home to shower and then met back up at the farm so we could head to dinner for Nick's birthday. He decided on Saigon, which is a vietnamese restaurant that has the best pho in Lancaster (trust). It was delicious and light (after that monster brunch). After dinner, Alex's parents came back to our house to check out our garage door issue and to help take a dresser up to the nursery. I really need to get some baby hangers to start hanging some of the clothes that my sister gave me.

We spent the rest of the evening relaxing, which is always how we like to end a Sunday. A little bit of time to mentally prepare for another work week!

No comments: