Friday, January 13, 2012

MIA

I have been totally MIA recently, with the blog and with real life people. I would apologize but I'm not that sorry. I know you all don't mind. Things have been busy and we're getting ready for our life change.

This past week has probably been the busiest week at work that I've experienced in a while.

There's a lot of prep that goes into preparing to leave for 6-8 weeks and I want to get as much done as I can. This has had me staying late a couple nights this week which I don't like doing but were necessary to keep up with the pace of the work. It's finally Friday. I've finally had some time to complete things on my to do list which feels great! I plan to get a bunch of things checked off this afternoon as well.

It's crazy that another week has flown by so quickly. Sometimes it's easy to forget that I'm a week away from my due date. That next week at this time we'll know whether we'll have to go for the csection or not. I had a phone call at lunch that went over the process of the csection, in terms of anesthesia, which was interesting and made it a little more real, even though we won't know until next Friday if it's a definite.

Our weeknights have been very relaxed which I am thankful for after a long days work. Alex has been amazing, cooking dinner every night and then cleaning it up as well. He's the best! Not to mention he makes really delicious meals. I feel like there are things that I should be doing in the evening (baby related things) but there isn't very much. This weekend I will probably finish painting in the nursery and then I can finally show you what it looks like. And I will pick up a couple of last minute things that we need, like a going home outfit.

We're ready for her to make her debut! We can't wait to meet her and bring her home! I'm still in a bit of denial that she's real, even though she's constantly reminding me with kicks and head bobs. I know she'll be the most beautiful thing we've ever seen.

Life, you are about to change.

No comments: