Monday, January 9, 2012

38 weeks / 2 weeks left

Well we've reached the 38th week. I'm so happy to be here. I kind of had a feeling we'd make it this far. In fact, I have a feeling we'll make it to 40 (if we find out she's head down). She just seems like a chill little baby girl, much like her parents!

Things are getting more uncomfortable but not unbearable. Sleeping is not a problem but waking and feeling stiff three times a night to pee is a bit of an annoyance. Putting on shoes is no small feat. Getting into the car requires a big ol' leg swing most of the time. Otherwise, I feel great. Still have a good energy level. Can't say I've done much nesting in general unless you count putting away all the baby shower gifts a couple weeks ago, but that was kind of necessary, right? I've definitely dropped a few inches and I spend time on my exercise ball every day just to stay loose. I haven't felt any contractions that I'm aware of, so that's a positive sign. When I'm sitting I feel like I have a basketball in my lap which is interesting.

Baby girl moves around in there a lot of the time during the day. I don't notice her moving much at night which is nice. Sometimes she just goes buck wild with kicks and wiggles, it's very fun to experience. We can't believe that in 2 weeks or less we'll be holding her and will actually be able to see which limbs are moving and kicking, as opposed to guessing, which we do a lot of. I sometimes wish my tummy was transparent so we could see her inside there. I then think about how gross that could possibly look. She probably weighs almost 7 pounds now at least and i'm sure her length is around 19-20 inches. She's basically ready for life outside the womb but I bet it's cozy in there. If she's anything like me she won't like the cold weather so much!

Last night, I painted a lot of the white flowers on the tree on the wall in the nursery. It's really coming along now. My stencils didn't quite work out, so I ended up tracing a bunch and then painting, but I also did some free-hand so I don't think I will be wasting time tracing stencils anymore. There's a little more to do but we still have time. Everything else is basically set, ready and waiting.

Wednesday we have an ultrasound early in the morning to determine her current position. I plan to request one for next week too if needed. No appointment should be without an ultrasound in the last couple weeks if a baby is even thought to be breech. It's a waste of time guessing with your hands when you can't actually tell for sure (note to the future doctors/midwives). I also plan to have them tell me everything they would've been telling me the last couple weeks if baby girl had been head down during that time. I'd like to be in the know.

Regardless, we're fine with whatever way this little one decides to make her way into the air breathing world. She's going to be so precious, we just can't wait to meet her! (Except she can wait another 2 weeks, i'm fine with that).

{sorry for the lack of pictures in the past couple of posts.. i just don't have the desire to take them and post them. my bad}

No comments: