Monday, January 2, 2012

3 weeks or less!

Baby girl is said to weigh on average about 6 pounds this week. She also probably measures about 19" long. She has a full head of hair as mentioned by the ultrasound tech last week and every day she practices her breathing with hiccups and her movements with punching and kicking! She currently enjoys sleeping through most of the night (assuming, because i don't feel any kicking/movement) and wiggling around during car rides.

I am feeling great! Still have plenty of energy though some days are better than others. I contribute my energy level to the amount of sleep I get. Luckily my sleep has not been too interrupted other than for bathroom trips. Of course putting on pants and socks and shoes is as difficult as ever, but not impossible. I also feel quite lucky that she tolerates many types of foods (for now). On New Years Eve we ate lots of spicy stuff, which was super tasty, and baby girl did not miss a beat. My throat burn has subsided for the most part but still creeps up every once in a while. I have been drinking a serious amount of fluids so that may be keeping it at bay?

This week I go back to work after having a holiday break last week. It will be nice to be back considering I don't have much time left before my maternity leave and I have plenty to do. That should help these next couple of weeks fly by! It will be weird to leave work for such a long period of time. I am looking forward too it because I will have a baby but I am hoping that I won't be too out of the loop when I return. A lot can happen in 2 months time!

We feel completely prepared now that the nursery is organized, the clothes are washed, the pack n play is ready and the car seat and stroller are ready. We need to install the car seat base and I need to pack my hospital bag but I plan to get that accomplished today along with stenciling some flowers onto the mural and other misc chores. We're also going to order our cloth diapers this week. We have a box of newborns we'll probably use for a little bit until the diapers come in (if they aren't here in time).

We have unofficially chosen a day care that baby girl will be going to once or twice a week (schedule willing) and it's very close to my work so I can go visit during my lunch hour. This one is WAY better than the one we saw previously. We like the set up of the room and the feel of the place. The proximity is also a convenience.

It feels good to be officially full turn at 37 weeks. We're hoping to make it the whole way to our due date on the 23rd! 2012 is going to be a great year!

No comments: