Sunday, September 2, 2012

Nursery Update

I added a print to Scarlett's nursery and wanted to share it here, so I took a couple of other pictures of the room as well. Check out this label to see other posts about the nursery. I know I still haven't shared the tree that I painted BUT it is painted and the white flowers are painted on as well. I didn't end up using a stencil bc that was just too time consuming/didn't turn out well, looks wise. I need to paint on the magenta flowers and I also plan on putting some 3-d elements on as well (depending on how they look when a couple are put up).

I saw this pin on pinterest and yes, it's taken me a while but I finally got around to designing my own. It incorporates Scarlett's room colors and mini theme of butterflies. I really like it, and this actually is the third draft. :)
Tad disappointed that my paper is whiter than the frame but oh well!
There are a couple other pieces I have in mind for this wall.
My awesome consignment find! And handmade mobile.
Trinket shelf. The black bear is from the Smoky Mtns, and the tea set is from Alex's cousin Rachel (and her husband Ewan) from Scotland. The tiny beach themed box contains a tiny bracelet from my mom from a cruise, I believe.
Made that thingy from paper towel, toilet paper rolls.
 Next project coming up is creating an alphabet book for Scarlett with her favorite things! Al la this pin!

If anyone is interested in a print like the one above for their own babe, I'd love to make you one. It's not hard and you could pick the colors too. :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh oh oh me!!! I've been trying to find prints I like for Colson's big boy room that fit with the colors in his room but having no luck. And we all know I've got no computer/design skills. How much do ya charge for your services girlie?

Michelle said...

Sounds great Sarah! My services are free! Lol and I will email you for more details!!