Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Southwestern Chopped Salad

I pinned this a couple weeks ago and this weekend decided to make it! Of course my original pin did not take me to anything (ugh!) but I just googled it and found the same version here! There are plenty other links if you google it but this one looked the most like the pin I pinned. I have since pinned this.

Anyway, onto the actual recipe itself!



Southwestern Chopped Salad
Serves a big serving bowl full.. probably 6-8 as a side salad
Salad Ingredients
2 red peppers, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 can of black beans, rinsed
1 can of sweet corn, drained
1 bunch of green onions, diced
1 head of iceberg lettuce (I did a mix of iceberg and romaine)
2 avocados, diced
1 cup cilantro, chopped (optional, I did not add this)

Dressing Ingredients
1/2 cup of Mayo
2/3 cup of Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp Ranch seasoning
1 tbsp Taco seasoning

Put all salad ingredients in a bowl. I omitted the avocado until serving time and since i've been bringing this for lunch, I cut the avocado right before eating and only use 1/2 per serving.

Stir together dressing ingredients and add to the salad if serving immediately. I keep it in a separate container in the fridge for individual serving type use. And I may just have to make it to completely replace ranch for salads.. taco ranch is way better! And I bought one of the small greek yogurt single serving containers, plain.. and I used half of it for this.

Anyway, it's delicious and i've had it for lunch the past two days and dinner last night so you know it must be good. I'm just hoping I don't wear it out because i'm too excited to have a salad that i love this much! And is healthy! (except for the dressing but the yogurt helps!!)

No comments: