Sunday, November 4, 2012

I did it, i'm a consultant!

I signed up with Tastefully Simple and I am NOT looking back. I am going to take this opportunity and do as much as I can with it. For the first time, I feel like I have complete control over something and I plan to make it successful. It's obviously hard starting out, I don't want people to feel pressure to support this little business that I'm creating, but I do still want the support of my family and friends. I am getting it in some places which is great. Sometimes it's hard to see past myself and I'm working on that too.

I need to remember that this is a marathon and not a sprint. I have a lot of ideas and I really need to put them to paper and get a strategy in place. This coming Saturday is my Tastefully Simple Grand Opening party! I hope more people will come out than have so far RSVP'd because I want it to be successful, but also because I want to introduce my friends and family to some delicious food and most importantly for people to have a nice time!

My husband said it best, what I want people to take away from this party is that they had a good time and think it could be easy to have a fun time like that with their friends too. I hope that can work. I want to get started with fundraisers and finding venues to sell product at and having an open house for my neighborhood and marketing to other neighborhoods/communities. I feel like I've been so busy lately that all I can do is think about it and not actually plan it out. Hopefully soon!

I'm nervous and excited about being a consultant. I'm confident that I can be successful because businesses like these are what you make them, and i'm going to make it as great as I can.

I'll be sure to post about how the launch goes! Wish me luck :)


1 comment:

Phil M said...

Congrats Michelle! I think thats awesome you are giving this a shot! Im sure you will do well. Let me know if I can help in any way (maybe even try and get some people together in the near future so you can speak with them about all your products). Just wanted to say I think youll do great and congrats!

-Phil